Acknowledgment of Risks and Hazards, Liability Release Agreement not to sue or make any claims against South Valley Jiu Jitsu, its founders, managing bodies, other members, promoters, their successors in interest, affiliates, contractors, instructors/coaches, referees, employees, volunteers and insurers (hereinafter collectively, the “Releasees”)
Acknowledgement of Risks and Hazards:
1. I, herein undersigned, acknowledge that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a dangerous activity and fully realize the risks of participating in any activity or event(s) organized by South Valley Jiu Jitsu(or in any such activities or events that South Valley Jiu Jistu may be associated with). I expressly agree and assume all of the risks associated with such activities or event(s).
2. I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
A. The activities and/or the event(s) are very dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury to any and all body parts, partial and/or total disability, paralysis, death or property damage. Each of the undersigned also expressly acknowledges that injuries received may be compounded or increased by negligent rescue operations or procedures of the Releasees. I further understand and accept that minor injuries may become life-threatening emergencies when occurred far away from convenient facilities.
B. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of others or the action, including but not limited to the Releasees named above. I further understand there may be other risks not known to us or are not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
C. The personal, social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
3. I/We hereby freely and expressly accept and assume all risks and responsibilities for any losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death howsoever caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releasees named above. I agree to release, forever discharge, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all losses, damages, costs and attorneys’ fees resulting from any claims or suits for personal injury, death or property damage that may in any way arise out of my participation in these activities, related activities or use of the Releasees premises, equipment, or any equipment regardless of how or by whom or by what the personal injury, death or property damage was caused. As a condition of myself, or the minor under my guard, being entitled to participate in the activities associated with the South Valley Jiu-Jitsu and being permitted to gain access to and use the facilities and premises, I hereby promise not to bring (on my behalf, on behalf of the minor under my guard or otherwise) any claim against or sue Releasees. I hereby certify that I and/or the minor under my guard are physically fit and have no medical conditions or allergies that affect the ability to participate in these activities.
4. I, the participant (or we the parent(s) or legal guardians will instruct the minor participant that) prior to participating in the indicated martial arts activity or event, fully understand that I shall inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise the members and officials of such condition and refuse to participate. I/We understand and agree that, if at any time, I feel anything to be unsafe, I/we will immediately take all precautions to avoid the unsafe area and refuse to participate further.
Release of Liability:
I/We hereby release, waive, forever discharge, indemnify, defend, hold harmless and covenant not to sue the Releasees and the martial arts facility used by the participant, including its lessees of premises used to conduct the martial arts event or program, premises and event inspectors, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions to engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the martial arts facility or events held at such facility and each of them, from all liability to the undersigned, my/our personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, suits, costs and attorneys’ fees, demands, losses or damages and any claims or demands therefore on account of any injury to me/my minor child, including but not limited to the death of the participant or damage to property arising out of or relating to the event(s) caused or alleged to be causes as a whole or in part by the negligent acts or omissions of the Releasees.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS DOCUMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT, BY SIGNING IT, I AM RELEASING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT I (OR THE MINOR UNDER MY GUARD) OTHERWISE MAY HAVE, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE HEREUNDER TO BE THE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING SOUTH VALLEY JIU JITSU
YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING: ASSUMPTION OF RISK
COVID-19 WARNING: Older adults and people of any age with serious medical conditions might be at higher risk from COVID19. SOUTH VALLEY JIU JITSU encourages anyone high risk to refrain from attending SOUTH VALLEY JIU JITSU Gym. Serious medical conditions include, but are not limited to: asthma, chronic kidney disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes, hemoglobin disorders, liver disease, serious heart conditions, severe obesity, and anyone immunocompromised.
NOTICE: By entering SOUTH VALLEY JIU JITSU, you knowingly, willfully, and voluntarily assume the known risk of being exposed to or contracting COVID-19. If you do not wish to assume this risk, do not enter.
Do Not Enter If You:
• Do not feel well • Are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. • Are a high risk or vulnerable individual as described above.
LIABILITY WAIVER & RELEASE
This is a liability waiver and release for yourself and your legal successors and assigns. It releases from liability South Valley Jiu Jitsu (“SVJJ”), and its respective past and present agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, promoters, managers, coaches, staff, partners, employees, members, volunteers, assigns, representatives, sponsors, advertisers, venue owners/lessors, attorneys, other attendees, and their legal successors and assigns. By entering you acknowledge that you fully understand and agree that your entrance into this venue may lead to COVID-19 exposure and that contracting COVID-19 may result in severe and permanent damage to your health and/or the health of others, including, but not limited to, death, fever, weight loss, irreversible pulmonary, respiratory and/or neurological system damage, mental or emotional distress, temporary or permanent disability, loss of income, loss of employment, loss of financial or other opportunities, medical expenses, which may or may not be covered by insurance, cleaning expenses, mandatory self-quarantine, and other harms and lost opportunities, whether economic, reputational or otherwise. This Liability Waiver & Release includes your waiver of any and all claims, known and unknown, arising out of, based upon or relating to your attendance at SVJJ, including negligence or any possible exposure to, or contracting of COVID-19. It also includes any claims or matters that were, have been, or could in any way have been alleged by you arising out or related to your attendance at SVJJ.
By entering SVJJ you agree to be bound by this Waiver & Release. PLEASE WEAR A FACE MASK - SOCIAL DISTANCING OF SIX FEET